Being Back in Maboneng
I’ve been working in Maboneng again, after two years of absence, for a month, and it’s so good to be back in the environment that cradled such creativity and inspiration. I’ve never worked more effectively and yes so calmly in ages.
Though, this is not an officially sanctioned post, I thought I’d share some interesting information about my adopted home.
Maverick Corner: Uncontainable Energy
I received an email from the team at Propertuity about the launch of the new Maboneng expansion, the Maverick Corner, which has been on the cards since I can remember, it’s finally a real thing!
The new space looks to have a lot of stores and shops and even a small pub, run by a good friend that I hope to get an interview with the moment he stops running around the precinct organising for the big event.
If you haven’t seen the Maboneng email yet, it goes something like this:
“It’s all systems go for phase two of Maverick Corner and we would like to invite you to the launch party. It will be taking place on Thursday the 5th at 300 Commissioner Street and you can expect music, food and great specials! To find out more info check out the FB event.
A new wardrobe? New nails? A whole new appetite? These are just a few of the things you can experience at Maverick Corner. We’ve got so much on offer now, all thanks to our amazing tenants.”
Meet The Tenants
Here are the tenants of the new Maverick Corner:
- Sneaker Shack – Upmarket sneaker cleaning company
- Thalis Roadside – Indian Restaurant
- New York Nail Bar – Urban Nail Bar
- Kepekee – Traditional Clothing Store
- Imprint – Printing Company
- Matte Standing – Clothing shop
- BG Designs – Clothing shop
- Colour Me Healthy – Health juice bar
- Stuff Eatery – Artisinal Gourmet hotdogs
- Love Revo Cafe – Bistro café
- Mix Master Cocktail Bar – Outdoor Cocktail Bar
- Cocobel – Frozen desserts
- Soul Souvlaki – Greek Restaurant
- Stitch and Steele – Clothing
- Vintage Zionist – Clothing
- Lenin’s Vodka Bar – Bar
- Spook – Business
- Five8ths – Retail
- Soma Art – Art space
- James 16 – Food
- Whippet – Bicycle company
Based on what we can see above, this little party is going to be a lot of fun, and I cannot wait to meet all the new tenants and some old friends over a drink at Mix Masters or Lenin’s and maybe take a few photos. Ill see you all there!
Are you coming to the party?
Let us know in the comments below about which store you’re looking forward to: